Friday, November 13, 2009

What is the best way to do my own bouquets and also to ensure I have the flowers I need for my wedding?

I am doing my own bouquets and centerpieces for the wedding. I did some trial the other night using flowers bought from the grocery store, and they turned out great; however, my wedding is not until July 4th, and I would like to ensure I can get the inexpensive flowers I need ON THE DATE I need them. I would prefer not to buy from a professional florist when I can spend half the money buying them at the grocery store! Does anybody know any good online retailers that will send undecorated flowers to your home? Or does anybody have any OTHER tips that could be useful? Thank you.|||We went the bulk flower route. It went GREAT!





I'm in Michigan and went through a company called Horrocks. They are a produce store. They even made it so the roses were "left out" and in full bloom. Your grocery store could probably work with a wholesaler and get them delivered. They did make the bouquets. On site delivery was $12 and we spent $700 out the door, this included everything......centerpieces, bouquets, coursages etc. You can email me privately for pix.





I would go locally rather than online. I've had some really bad experiences with some online retailers.|||Why not go to Michael's and get silk flowers for everything you need. You can even do yours in silk and they are georgous. But, if you want, do yours in real. A florist can do a bridal boquet very resonable. Depending on the grocery store is not a good idea as you don't know what they will have in stock or their delivery status to depend on.|||I am also getting married in July (28) and my flowers, center pieces and head table flowers are all completely done. We were trying to think of ways to save money and we deceided to go with silk flowers. We bought them at places like AC Moore %26amp; Walmart. And the best thing about it all is I get to keep them forever. If you choose your flowers wisely you'll never know they are fake. And you can do them now and put them away until the wedding. This worked for me because I have one less thing I needed to worry about. The only flowers I need now are for the gentleman, my mother grandmothers etc. . and I'm getting them for an awesome price at Price Chopper. Good Luck and CONGRADULATIONS on the wedding|||There are wholesalers online who will sell you flowers at a bulk rate, you have to do the arranging yourself though. It is a fraction of the cost. Check out freshroses.com or growersbox.com. Good luck!!|||any craft store like michaels usually has a pretty good selection. they also have books there that you can buy to get other ideas. way to go on making them yourself!|||I just got married in April. I bought all of my flowers from a wholesale florist, and I did all the flowers myself too! I got a great deal for everything. If you have a membership to Costco they do flowers in bulk. You can also google "flowers in bulk" and you can order everything online and they can send it to you the day before the wedding and then you can put it all together yourself. You just need to make sure you have a refrigerator to put all of the flowers in because they can wilt and die if they are too hot... I am sure it will be hot July 4th! :o) Good luck with everything! It is extremely stressful and make sure you have LOTS AND LOTS of help to put all the stuff together... I was doing my girls bouquets at midnight the night before my wedding! Feel free to ask for more helpful tips! I have done every cost saving tip alive! ;o)|||The obvious solution would be fake flowers. You'll save money...And time stressing about getting all those arrangements together by the wedding date.|||I've seen freshroses.com get rave reviews.





I would always check with Better bussines bureau to make sure they don't have complaints against them and then check site like theknot.com where people rate their vendors and can tell your what the experience was like.|||www.flowerbud.com/


www.fiftyroses.com/


www.growersbox.com


www.sommerflowers.com





there are hundreds of places that will deliver you flowers.





You dont want to be doing this the morning of your wedding though. I would suggest ordering about 3 days ahead of time since most of the flowers need time to open a bit. Keep them in a cool dark place with lots of water and arrange them the day before your wedding. They will stay fresh.|||some times silks look as nice as the real ones and you don't have to worry about then being over watered or not watered enough plus once the wedding is over you can keep your bouquet looking as beautiful as the wedding day and silks are tons cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment